There are about 2.3 million implant-supported oral crowns shaped yearly here in the US, meaning there is a vast number of patients seeing dentists to defend their chompers. While crowns are helping to defend your teeth, who is protecting your crowns? You are! Dental Corner suggests you follow this list of tips to maintain your dental crowns for years to come:
– If you feel any substantial sensitivity due to coldness or heat more than two weeks after your oral crown is fitted, tell us about it as soon as possible.
– Call us if you detect any significant pain when biting down on your crown, and we will check out your crown if it needs to be adjusted.
– Even though you’ve had dental crowns installed, you’ll still need to brush and floss your teeth and gums!
– Avoid eating tough foods such as ice because they can damage or chip your dental crown.
– Watch closely for loose or stinky crowns. This could mean the crown’s cement has washed away.
– Do not attempt to reinstall your crown on your own if it falls out of place! Trying to reinstall your oral crown on your own could be dangerous, and the crown could fall out again and choke you.
Dr. Phillip White and our professional staff make sure to tightly install all dental crowns that we place on smiles. Commit to memory these tips for some peace of mind. If you would like to come in for a visit or schedule your next exam and cleaning or a checkup with Dental Corner, please call our dental clinic in Wichita, Kansas, at 316-681-2425 today!